To be eligible for a Mariposas scholarship you must:
- Be a graduating senior from any of the four Chapel Hill-Carrboro City high schools.
- Identify as Latinx.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Demonstrate proof of admission to a 2-year or 4-year program
- Complete the application by the deadline (TBD 2021).
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation, one from an educator in your life, another from a family member and a copy of your transcript. Make sure they recommendation letters are in a sealed envelope and that they include contact information.
- Attend a Mariposas session (if selected as a finalist) and present to our elementary, middle and high school students about your trajectory as a student and as a community member.
- Attend the Mariposas Scholarship Awards Ceremony which takes place in June.
- Be of any legal status. For our Mariposas community, all dreams are equal!